5.31.2010

10Q W/ Two Kids from Vermont


Two Kids from Vermont is a blog created by David and Gray, two 17 year-old Vermonters (clever shit huh?), for the purpose of creating and sharing content for the people to enjoy and putting Vermont on the map.

WTC: Do you hate Kanye’s new blog like I do?

TKFV: Naw, I like it. No hate

WTC: What inspired you guys to start TKFV?

TKFV: TKFV was something started completely out of the blue. It's actually a pretty funny story. If you've watched our TKFV vs. LA video that's pretty much when we decided to team up and start this project. Prior to that trip though we hadn't talked for months and I was planning on going out to LA with one of my good friends Ben Paquette but he cancelled last minute. So one night Gray IMed me on Facebook and I was pretty desperate so I asked him if he wanted to come along and sure enough TKFV came out of it.

WTC: What makes TKFV different from other lifestyle blogs?

TKFV: We like to not only make and share content for everyone to watch and enjoy, but also focus on putting, Vermont, Vermonters, and close friends on the map. But really we're all about having fun with it.

WTC: What are your favorite brands?

TKFV: I love so many clothing lines man it's not even funny. But if I were to choose my top companies they would be Create Build Destroy, MCM, Bape, BBC Ice Cream, Surface to Air, and Good Wood. But I have tons of pieces from all types of different brands. I love finding vintage clothing too, that's what I always try to search and dig for.

WTC: What is your favorite sneaker?

TKFV: I'm a sneaker freak so I don't know if I have one favorite sneaker, but some that I've always loved have been Clae, Android, & Vans. I try to find rare sneakers or sneakers a lot of people don't own no matter the company though. I'm a sneaker freak man I love all shoes haha.

WTC: If you could be doing anything in the world right now what would it be?

TKFV: Right now I really just want to be done with school and out of here. Maybe go on a trip somewhere, that'd be ideal.

WTC: You started your blog around the same time as us, how did you get your popularity up so fast?

TKFV: Really just from people we knew and from our Los Angeles trip. Once we started up a lot of our friends were digging it and just helped us spread the word a lot. All we had to do was keep it updated with content.

WTC: How much do you think money affects your style? Like if you had less money, will you be just as fresh? Because honestly for me I feel like if I had a better financial situation I would be 60x fresher.

TKFV: Money doesn't mean a thing when it comes to style. Some of the best dressed people I know aren't considered "rich," just their sense of style fits well to who they are and with the money they have complete the image they want. For me I always try to find the biggest discounts on anything haha. I never buy anything full price... Ever. If you're into fashion as much as I am looking for the right places or right sales can help out a lot. Just what you buy to complete your image is up to you.

WTC: How strong is your passion for fashion and art? How much time to set apart to satisfy you fashion needs? If you had 100hr days, how much of that time would you devote to fashion?

TKFV: Pretty strong, but I wouldn't say my top. I love fashion and art, but music is my highest interest. Besides DJing I've been playing the piano for 11 years and the congas for four. 
Usually whenever I travel I'll do some shopping. I rarely will buy anything in state so I take the opportunity to shop when I'm out of town.
If I had 100hr days I don't know how much of my time I'd devote to fashion haha. That's a long ass day. I'd devote most of it to music, TKFV, and any work with OKAY!! OKAY!!, but if I had some free time (which I probably would have a lot of with 100hr days) I'd pay attention to some fashion blogs or various other things.

WTC: What role does music play in your life?

TKFV: Music is probably the biggest thing in my life. Like I said before, I'm a DJ, piano player, and a conga player. Right now DJing is considered my job for the most part money wise and I've been playing for about 4 years now with my homie DJ D-Cutz (the other kid I perform with). I love all music too... besides country. I don't really mess with that too much haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment